In an increasingly international lifestyle, where individuals and business trade, live, marry and do business with their partners in other countries, Nockolds can bring a further service to complement their longstanding reputation both in Bishop’s Stortford and London. With the assistance of Javier Jurado, a Spanish lawyer registered to practice law in England and Wales, the Notarial Department, and Dalila Segador, Sworn Official Translator, Nockolds can assist with:
- Business Disputes in Spain - For businesses in England, we can undertake enquiries in Spain relating to assets, the value of the assets, and we can deal with debt recovery to include enforcement of judgments in Spain and recovery of assets in Spain.
- Buying a Spanish Property – We can deal with any issue in Spain relating to the purchase of property, the sale of property, recovery of monies paid to a bank or developer for a property, tenancies, registration of tenancies and property disputes.
- English Legal Advice for Spanish Speaking Clients - For all Spanish speaking clients who wish to do business in England, whether that be dealing with property, employment or contractual matters, we work with our specialist teams at Nockolds to provide a seamless interface with regard to language transactions and implementing your instructions. You can also deal with us in the comfort of your native language.
- Legal and Official Translations - Nockolds offers a wide official translation service of documents related to most areas of law such as dispute resolution, probate and contested probate, family, employment, personal injury, property and company law. Dalila specialises in Legal Translation and, therefore, is very familiar with the Spanish and English Legal Systems.
- Spanish Off-Plan Property Deposits Reclaim - We are all too familiar with the purchase of off-plan holiday or retirement homes in Spain being aborted due to the property developer going bust, failing to conclude the project on time, or the property being left unfinished and unfit to live in. If you have lost the amount put down as a deposit when purchasing off-plan property in Spain, at Nockolds Solicitors we can help you to recover those funds working on a “no win, no fee” basis.
- Wills and Probate in Spain – We can deal with probate, death in Spain, payment of taxes, transfer of property pursuant to Wills, jurisdictional conflicts, implementing Spanish probate, drafting of Wills, obtaining an NIE, arranging for amenity to be paid and setting up bank accounts.
The ability to do business in both jurisdictions is informed by our cultural understanding. Both Javier and Dalila are native Spaniards with having an extensive network of professionals in Spain, and having practiced in Spain, they understand exactly how the Spanish legal and administrative process works. They are also both resident in the UK having spent a significant time in England, and can properly appreciate the concerns of British people.
Coupled with the Notarial Team, the translation department led by Dalila, the only Sworn Official Translator by the Spanish Foreign Office in the South East of England, Nockolds prides itself on not only the breadth of services that it can provide, but also the manner in which it can deliver them.
If you have any query relating to either business here, business in Spain, or indeed any of the Spanish jurisdiction do not hesitate in contacting us on 01279 755777.