Family matters where there is an international element can be complicated, overwhelming and stressful; so it is important to get guidance from an experienced lawyer you can trust.
Our specialist Family Team has many years’ experience working with families where one or both spouses/parents live or have a connection with different parts of the world.
We have assisted in matters across the globe, including Australia, Singapore, Kenya, China, Germany and Italy. We work closely with a network of specialist family lawyers around the world, allowing us to guide you through any jurisdictional issues concerning international divorce proceedings and cases concerning children.
How Can We Help You?
Our experts provide sensitive and practical advice on a number of issues, including:
- Applications for inherent jurisdiction of the High Court, including wardship
- Enforcement and recognition of judgments
- EU Maintenance Regulations and the enforcement
- International asset tracing
- International pension issues on divorce
- Issues concerning domicile
- Jurisdictional issues concerning divorce proceedings in England and Wales
- Jurisdictional issues in cases concerning children
- Relocating with children
- Starting financial proceedings in England and Wales following an overseas divorce
We understand that every family matter should be handled differently, so we provide a bespoke service dependent on your individual circumstances. We will explain all of the options available to you, finding practical solutions to often-complex situations.