Landlords of Residential or Mixed Use Properties

If the tenants in your building/s have submitted an application for enfranchisement, it is important that you seek expert legal advice.

Our Enfranchisement Team has extensive experience in dealing with the issues that landlords face in enfranchisement claims. We are often recommended by leading barristers, valuers and solicitors who advise on property issues – recognising us as experts in this particularly tricky area of law.

How Can We Help You?

Our dedicated Team is able to:

  • Advise on how you can avoid having to offer the freehold or lease to the flat tenants
  • Advise you on and, if necessary defend, claims by your tenants to extend the lease of acquire the freehold of your buildings
  • Advise you with regard to invalid or disputed claims and highlight all options available to you under the legislation
  • Ensure that as far as possible your legal and valuation costs are paid for by the flat owners
  • Guide you through the process of offering tenants the right to by the freehold or head lease, if this applies to your building
  • Provide bespoke forms of contracts, leases and transfers

We can also provide advice on how to deal with tricky areas such as communal gardens, parking spaces and head leases. We can help you correct any defects in your existing leases, advise on management issues and insurance and help you to ensure that you comply with all of your statutory obligations.

We are members of the Association of Leasehold Enfranchisement Practitioners (ALEP) which means that we have been rigorously checked to ensure that we provide a consistently high level of service, integrity and professionalism.