John joined Nockolds in 2012 and is a Principal Associate in our Commercial Property Team. Before joining the firm John studied Politics at the University of East Anglia and went on to study his Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course at BPP Waterloo and Holborn in London.
John has experience in dealing with a broad range of commercial property matters advising both individuals and companies, including:
- Acting for both the landlord and tenant in the negotiation and granting of new leases and subleases
- The renewal and assigning of existing leases
- Licenses to alter and carry out works
- Acting for both the seller and buyer in the negotiation of conditional contracts, options, promotion agreements, overage and easements; and
- Expertise in assisting with the acquisition and disposal of commercial property, land for residential and commercial development and the subsequent infrastructure agreements, plot sales and sales of affordable housing.
John regularly works alongside other teams in the firm to include Agricultural and Rural, Commercial and Property Litigation, Corporate and Commercial, Employment and Wills and Probate to achieve the best outcome for clients.
John is a Committee Member of the Bishop’s Stortford Chamber of Commerce and former National Representative of the Hertfordshire Junior Lawyers Division.