Losing a loved one is incredibly difficult and can become even more stressful if there are problems with the Will after their death.
Our Contentious Probate Team has built a strong reputation for delivering practical and helpful advice, as well as strong representation through all stages of a dispute.
We have been described in the Legal 500 as ‘an excellent regional firm with a strong offering’ (2019) which ‘obtains excellent results for clients across a range of trusts, probate and Court of Protection matters’ (2018).
How Can We Help You?
Our Team has extensive experience in resolving contentious probate disputes, including:
- Challenges to the validity of Wills
- Claims under the Inheritance Provision for Family and Dependants Act 1975
- Contesting a Will on the grounds of mental capacity, lack of knowledge and approval, fraud or undue influence and failure to observe proper formalities
- Disagreements between beneficiaries
- Disputes regarding the duties of executors, personal representatives and trustees
- Inheritance tax disputes and claims
- Will drafting and execution errors
In addition, our international expertise means that we frequently act in disputes for non-UK clients and where there are cross-border issues.
Our Team of specialists is led by Daniel Winter, who is a Certified Contentious Trusts and Probate Specialist with ACTAPS, the recognised association of legal specialists in this complex area of law.