Yasmin specialises in the handling of catastrophic personal injury and medical negligence claims. She has over 30 years’ experience acting for seriously injured clients and their families.
Yasmin advises on catastrophic, high-value claims including brain and spinal injuries in adults and children. She also has huge experience in complex clinical negligence matters resulting in catastrophic and life-changing injuries.
She advises on cerebral palsy and other high dependency claims. Recent experience includes hypoxic injuries during birth, misdiagnosis of cerebral abscess resulting in severe brain injury, dehydration resulting in severe brain injury, MRSA, failure to diagnose septicaemia resulting in bilateral lower limb amputation and various surgical accidents.
Yasmin was awarded the status of Leading Individual in the 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023 editions of the Legal 500. The legal directory said ‘no one in the country is more expert in catastrophic injuries’ and praised Yasmin for ‘going beyond the normal call of duty’.
Yasmin is also listed in Chambers UK and has been ranked at Band 1 for over 10 years. Chambers UK mentioned her as ‘one of the most experienced brain injury solicitors in the country’. One interviewee states: ‘She is decisive and able to detect points of weakness in the defendant’s case. She is personable and empathetic, and has the perseverance to complete the work necessary for a complicated case that has been ongoing for several years’.
Yasmin works closely with a number of organisations that has been set up for the benefit of the victims of catastrophic injuries and she has regularly been appointed by the Court of Protection to act for clients who are unable to manage their financial affairs as a result of serious head injury.
The Legal 500 says:
- ‘Supremely able and vastly experienced.’
- ‘No one in the country is more expert in catastrophic injuries than Yasmin Ameer.’
- ‘Yasmin Ameer combines huge experience with supreme confidence and a perfect manner with even the most difficult client.’
- ‘Extremely responsive and compassionate, going beyond the normal call of duty.’
- ‘Unrivalled knowledge and expertise.’
- ‘Massive experience in brain and spinal injuries.’
Chambers UK says:
- Yasmin Ameer possesses significant experience in catastrophic and birth injury claims. She also focuses on cases involving delay in diagnosis and surgical negligence claims.
- “Yasmin has huge experience and takes on the most complicated and hardest cases. She fights incredibly hard for clients and she’s supremely confident.”
- “Yasmin provides outstanding client service – she is committed, driven and passionate about her work. She is by far the most skilled, sophisticated and knowledgeable solicitor within her field.”
- “She has an extraordinary work ethic and is tireless in achieving a just and comprehensive settlement for her client. She’s passionate and conscientious.”
- ‘She is one of the most experienced brain injury solicitors in the country.’
- ‘She is decisive and detects points of weakness in the defendant’s case. She is personable and empathetic, and has the perseverance necessary for a complicated case that has been ongoing for several years.’
- ‘Yasmin Ameer has a wealth of experience in personal injury and is noted for her expertise regarding severe brain injury claims.’
- ‘Yasmin Ameer is recognised for her long-standing experience in clinical negligence and is best known for her work on complex brain injury and amputation cases.’
- ‘She comes across as very sympathetic but also realistic with her clients, and she knows a lot about brain injury.’
- ‘Her practical grasp is first-rate and she never lets cases get out of hand due to complications. Her advice is always correct, sympathetic and humane.’