What is staff / employee engagement?
‘Employee engagement’ otherwise known as ‘staff engagement’ is essentially the involvement and enthusiasm that staff have in their work and for their place of work. It is the extent to which the workforce of a business feels passionate about their roles, their commitment to the organisation and its vison/values/mission, as well as the discretionary effort they put into their working life.
Why offer staff engagement surveys and feedback sessions?
Carrying out employee engagement activities helps a business to measure and manage staff views on vital factors of workplace culture. Businesses will better understand if employees are actively engaged (or disengaged) with their work and with their employer. It can provide insight on areas for development as well as positively received areas of workplace culture. Engaged employees will be happier and more productive, make better decisions and work more cohesively than employees who are actively disengaged. Working on improving employee engagement can decrease absence and turnover, improve retention and job satisfaction, and increase productivity and morale at work.
It’s important to offer effective channels in which the employee voice can be heard. Positively acting on your employee feedback is a critical step in any engagement process.
Why outsource my staff engagement activities?
Nockolds HR is an independent, outsourced HR provider. All our consultants are CIPD qualified with many years of experience in in-house and consultancy HR in senior positions. We are experienced in designing and implementing employee engagement tools and strategies. As experts in this area, we can provide our best fitting solutions and our recommendations, not only on designing and implementing staff engagement tools, but also our independent advice on managing and handling staff engagement strategies.
Using an independent provider such as Nockolds HR means that we are an unbiased, neutral contact to manage and oversee your employee engagement activities. We are qualified and experienced HR professionals in the area of staff engagement. As experts in this area, we can provide our best fitting solutions and our recommendations, not only on designing and implementing an employee engagement survey, but also our advice on improving the key areas for development highlighted in the results.
How are Nockolds HR employee engagement services provided?
At Nockolds HR, we work flexibly with your business to provide the best fitting employee engagement services. We can offer this via:
- Fully managed – your business can outsource your entire staff engagement survey process to us to manage. We can contact employees directly with the survey, hold 121 feedback sessions with staff (in person or online), and provide you with a thorough feedback report on our findings and recommendations.
- Bespoke surveys – developing a bespoke employee engagement survey and process designed for your business specifically
- Survey template – providing you with our Nockolds HR recommended employee engagement survey for you to manage your own exit interviews
- Holding interviews and feedback sessions– holding 121 or group feedback sessions with your staff and providing you with summary reports of our findings
- Expert advice – if you have already carried out your own employee engagement survey and would like expert HR advice on improving the results, then we can help with this too.
Staff engagement feedback is confidential. Summary reports / feedback will contain details on key themes rather than individual data which could be attributable. Any data from your business including individual data, is kept strictly in line with GDPR guidelines and our Data Privacy Notice.