The government has updated it’s guidance on the re-opening of workplaces across the country. The key headlines (reflecting recent announcements from the Prime Minister):
From Today (24 July)
- Face coverings must be worn in shops and supermarkets in addition to public transport
From Tomorrow (25 July)
- Sports facilities, gyms and indoor swimming pools can open
From 1 August
- The instruction to work from home if you can will be withdrawn and employers will have more discretion to encourage staff to return to their place of work subject to appropriate safety measures being put in place and the employer following the COVID-19 Secure guidelines
- Those who are clinically extremely vulnerable no longer need to shield
- All remaining close contact services such as facial treatment and make up application can restart
From 1 September
- Schools will reopen for all children on a full time basis
The full guidance can be read here. The key for most employers now is going to be to convince staff that it is safe to return to a semblance of business as usual.
For information and assistance to reopen your business and premises contact our Employment Team on 0345 646 0406 or fill in our online enquiry form and a member of our Team will be in touch.