This comprehensive one day course is designed to give an overview of the fundamental principles of employment law. The course will offer practical advice when dealing with recruitment, employment contracts and typical workplace issues that arise during employment, as well as terminating employment and provide a framework of how to apply the law in the workplace.
The ‘Employment Law Essentials’ course will cover:
- Employee Status and Rights
- Contracts of Employment
- Restrictive Covenants
- Employment Tribunal Procedure
- Maternity/Paternity Rights
- Disciplinary/Grievance Procedures
- Settlement Agreements
- Unfair Dismissal
- Wrongful Dismissal
The course will also provide practical advice for employers when dealing with the following issues:
- What holiday entitlements do employees have?
- Is a sick employee entitled to take holiday?
- Can I have an ‘off the record’ conversation with an employee to get rid of them?
- How do I deal with an underperforming employee?
- Can I unilaterally change an employee’s terms and conditions?
- How do I deal with an employee who keeps taking time off sick?
- Can an employee insist on working part-time hours?
- Can I take action against an employee who says something on Facebook about the company outside working hours?
- How do I deal with bullying in the workplace?
- How can I protect my business and stop employees from stealing my clients in future?
This course is suitable for HR Managers and anyone who has the responsibility of managing employees.
How to Book If you are interested in speaking to one of our employment law specialists about us designing and delivering an in-house training course for your business, or to receive information about one of our future employment law training courses or events, please email Jasmin Bice.