Our road transport solicitors are able to offer advice and assistance to transport operators and individuals at interviews under caution conducted by the police and/or DVSA. We are also able to provide representation in prosecutions in the Magistrates’ and Crown Courts.
We have expertise of dealing with road traffic and transport offences including:
- Causing Death by Careless Driving
- Causing Death by Dangerous Driving
- Causing death by driving while unlicensed, disqualified or uninsured
- Diesel Fraud
- Drivers' hours and tachograph offences
- Excise and duty problems
- Falsification of tachograph charts
- Operating without an operator’s licence
Transport operators have an obligation to notify the Traffic Commissioner’s Office of any relevant conviction within 28 days of being convicted. Depending on the nature and seriousness of the conviction the Traffic Commissioner can take regulatory action at a Public Inquiry.
It is important to obtain expert legal advice as soon as problems arise as action taken by the Traffic Commissioner can have commercially devastating results in addition to the criminal penalty imposed.
For more information on Criminal Courts Defence and Representation, please contact our Motoring, Transport and Regulatory Team on 01279 755777.