Our road transport solicitors are able to provide practical advice to ensure your organisation remains compliant through regulatory compliance audits which cover the following areas:
- Driver CPC and licence checking procedures
- Driver reporting procedures
- Preventive maintenance inspection arrangements
- Road Traffic Acts and Road Transport Act compliance
- Tachograph and driver hours
- Vehicle authorisation and Operating centre information
- Working Time Directive
DVSA enforcement teams can inspect operator’s premises if their licence is new or they have been issued with fixed penalty notices. DVSA inspectors possess significant powers and cooperation with inspections is obligatory under the terms of your operator licence.
If the DVSA inspect a site and finds the operator is not adhering to their undertakings, they will report the matter to the Traffic Commissioner. The Traffic Commissioner will likely call the operator to a public inquiry to find out why.
Breach of operator licence undertakings or the other transport rules can result in action by the DVSA, Traffic Commissioner and/or criminal prosecution.
For further information and to find out how we can help you, please contact our Motoring, Crime and Regulatory Team on 01279 755777.