Operator Licences contain a series of undertakings which place obligations upon transport operators to ensure that they remain compliant. Breach of these by any staff member can result in regulatory action being taken against the operator’s licence by the Traffic Commissioner and could result in the company being the subject of criminal prosecution.
It is essential that employers adopt appropriate employment documentation, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with road transport industry requirements.
We are able to advise fully on all transport specific employment issues including the preparation of specialist employment documentation to ensure compliance by all staff with issues such as:
- Driver daily defect reporting
- Drivers’ hours and working time (Road Transport (Working Time) Regulations 2005 and Working Time Regulations 1998 (as amended)
- Mobile phone usage
- Speed limits, overloading and weight limits
- Tachographs and record keeping
- Vehicle maintenance arrangement
Our Employment Team can provide transport undertakings with advice in relation to:
- Disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Employment contracts for drivers, traffic office and workshop staff etc.
- Road safety policies and driver handbooks
- Staff handbooks, containing HR policies
For more information please contact a member of our Employment Team or our Motoring, Crime and Regulatory Team on 01279 755777.