Whether it is a business income or a home, they are two of the most important things a landlord and tenant will want to protect. Property disputes can often need us to step in quickly. We are not afraid to step in and give you that help. The loss of rent or the fear of losing your home can be stressful and commercially draining.
With the law in this area changing regularly, you can be confident in instructing us to be up to date with processes and give you detailed advice on practical and tactical solutions. Most of the time property disputes arise from breaches of obligations under leases and services charges and can be resolved amicably without losing a professional relationship. Where this breakdown does occur, we are armed with the experience to tackle difficult cases in court.
We work closely with our Commercial Property Team to make sure disputes do not become a problem from the outset. We believe in prevention rather than cure and ultimately this will keep your legal costs down in the long term.
If you have a problem, whether you are a landlord or tenant, do not hesitate to get in touch today to tap in to our expertise and demystify the law in this area.
Some of the issues our we regularly deal with include
- Advice on terms and conditions on tenancy agreements
- Advising on breaches of leasehold terms
- Applications to suspend and set aside possession orders
- Defending possession proceedings brought by landlords
- Deposit disputes
- Drafting assured shorthold tenancies
- Drafting service charge and ground rent demands
- Enfranchisement and leasehold extensions
- Housing disrepair and overcrowding
- Landlord’s liability for tenant’s actions and managing tenant disputes
- Recovering possession for breaches of lease terms and non-payment of rent
- Recovering possession when an Assured Shorthold Tenancy expires
- Right to Manage
- Right to Rent
- Service charge disputes
For further information on how to resolve landlord and tenant disputes and to find out how we can help you, please contact our Personal Disputes and Litigation Team on 01279 755777.