If you are a trustee, or part of the executive team running a charity, you will know how unique the challenges and hurdles charities face.
Whether it be in London or Bishop’s Stortford, many of our solicitors work closely to support our long standing charity clients of varying sizes. Our charity clients include well known regional charities such as the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance Service. Many of our staff are members are trustees themselves and we are proud to support many local charities in the local communities.
We recognise that charities require specialist support – the members of our Charities and Not For Profit Team here at Nockolds are either trustees themselves or have been trustees previously.
With this shared insight, we are well equipped to be your charity’s legal advisor and support it as it grows. We also recognise that charities are exactly that – there to serve a charity purpose and because of this we are transparent on fees from the outset and offer flexible and favourable fee structures.
We can help you with:
- Advice on changing the structure of a charitable organisation such as an unincorporated charity to a CIO, CIC or a company limited by guarantee
- Handling your contract negotiations
- Disputes between trustees
- Advising on governance for charities and what effective board management looks like
- Advising on trading activities and appropriate structures, to allow the charity to trade
In addition to the above, we also have a number of specialists in our network, such as accountants or consultants in charity focused areas, should you need it. For more information on charities and not for profit law and how we can help you, please contact our Charities and Not For Profit Team on 01279 755777 or get in touch with Nicola Lucas, Associate in our Charities and Not For Profit department.