If you attend a hospital, or see a doctor, or any other medical practitioner, your problem is usually dealt with very competently. Occasionally, however, things do go wrong, and this can be traumatic not only for the victim but also for the family. In these circumstances clear and expert advice about medical issues and the nature of the medical accident, can offer reassurance to the victim where otherwise there is confusion and uncertainty.
With decades of experience and a proven track record, the medical negligence team at Nockolds has successfully dealt with hundreds of claims against hospitals, doctors and other medical professionals.
Yasmin Ameer, a senior member of our team, is top ranked for medical negligence work by independent legal directory, The Legal 500 where she is described as “the most experienced, committed, compassionate and able clinical negligence lawyer I have come across in twenty years“, by one barrister.
Our team has wide ranging experience dealing with all aspects of medical negligence claims. Recent case experience includes:
- Cerebral palsy and other birth injuries
- Misdiagnosis of tumour resulting in loss of sight
- Severe burns arising from negligence of local authority carers
- Dehydration resulting in brain injury
- Mis-prescription of drugs resulting in various injuries
- Anaesthetic accidents resulting in brain injury and stroke
- Gender realignment negligence
- Other significant catastrophic injuries as a result of medical negligence
We act quickly in order to provide advice, not only on the claim but also to address important and practical issues to the client, such as financial difficulties where the client and/or the carer/carers are unable to work. We are able to advise on benefits, insurance claims and we are prepared to undertake any other investigations which may be necessary to help the client to address immediate financial problems.
We recognise that rehabilitation and rebuilding a life for our clients and their families is the most important part of any claim we deal with. Our team works closely with medical and rehabilitation experts who specialise in serious medical negligence. This enables us to obtain the maximum compensation available to our clients and ensure quality of life and security for their future.
- Free Consultation - You will receive a free initial consultation at which you will be advised on the merits of your claim, the likely compensation you may receive and methods of funding any legal action.
- Dedicated team of medical negligence solicitors acting on your behalf from start to finish.
- Medical negligence specialist Yasmin Ameer top ranked by legal directory, The Legal 500.
- Millions of pounds recovered in compensation
- Proven track record in complex, high value medical negligence claims
- National coverage
- Input from some of the most experienced medical experts in the world to ensure the full extent of the injury is understood and best possible further treatment recommendations are considered
- Detailed knowledge of how to pursue a claim in order to help manage and minimise the future impact of the injuries
- An understanding of how to protect the injured person to efficiently recover compensation to make life as comfortable as possible
- Referral to our specialist Court of Protection team
- Home visits
For further information on medical negligence and to find out how we can help you, please contact our Medical Negligence Team on 01279 755777 or get in touch directly with Yasmin Ameer on 01279 712581 or Rachel Davis on 01279 712582 in our Medical Negligence Team.