Nockolds Solicitors is a progressive, award winning, leading regional Law Firm with offices in Bishop’s Stortford and London and we are now looking to recruit a Legal Secretary to join our Commercial Property team in Bishop’s Stortford.
The successful candidate will provide secretarial and administrative support to the Commercial Property team. The main responsibilities will include:
- Audio typing from digital dictation to include checking that all correspondence and documents are correct and in the in-house style prior to sending.
- Responding to clients in person and/or by telephone in a professional way to include being able to respond appropriately on the current state of any file.
- Diary management- to make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain a diary to be checked against the fee earner on a daily basis.
- File and case management, bill preparation
- Building and maintaining knowledge of clients and their matters, and the work in general
You will have significant and current experience working within a Commercial Property team ideally in a comparable role. You will have a professional ‘can do’ attitude and outlook, be discreet appreciating the absolute confidentiality in everything you do.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have the ability to pick up new systems quickly and be adaptable to different ways of working
- Be comfortable working in a team or on your own initiative and will be willing to go the extra mile for clients and colleagues
- Be emotionally intelligent with a sympathetic and professional manner
- Pre-empt problems and identify solutions
- Be assured, confident and presentable
- Be able to hold the respect and confidence of your colleagues
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate a pro-active approach to your work
- Be very well organised and able to prioritise
- Have excellent attention to detail
Benefits include a competitive salary, 22 days holiday, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, health cover, subsidised parking, and a discretionary annual bonus.