Nockolds Solicitors are a progressive, award winning, leading regional Law Firm with offices in Bishop’s Stortford and London. Due to our continued expansion we are looking to recruit a Head of Finance to be based in our Bishop’s Stortford office.
Successful candidates must be educated to degree level and a qualified Accountant with at least five years’ experience in a professional firm as either a Head or Assistant Head of Department. You must have a full knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts Rules and be adept at:
- Managing the accounts function of a busy firm
- Building relationships with Heads of Departments
- Managing credit control by assisting with debt recovery and improve aged balances
- Ensuring compliance at all times with the Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Liaising with the Firm’s Auditors, Bankers and other professional advisors
- Client and office transaction postings
- Daily and monthly account reconciliations
- Purchase ledger coding and review
- Supervising VAT returns and Payroll
You must have excellent communication, IT and excel skills and be able to engage effectively with the Firm’s senior managers. You must have the knowledge and interpersonal skills to manage the accounts function of a busy and growing Law Firm and provide support and guidance to the Firm where needed. Experience of accounting for foreign entities and group companies is advantageous.
Benefits include: Competitive Salary, 25 Days Holiday, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Health Cover (Private or Cashplan) and Discretionary Annual Bonus Scheme.