Sarah joined Nockolds in August 2010 and is a Partner in our Business Law Team. Sarah divides her time between the Bishop’s Stortford and London offices. Sarah qualified as a solicitor in 2004 and has experience in a wide range of corporate and commercial matters. Having undertaken a post-graduate qualification in Intellectual Property Transactions at the University of College London Institute of Brand and Innovations Law, Sarah is also well equipped to advise her clients on intellectual property matters. Whilst assisting her clients with particular projects, Sarah also appreciates the importance of maintaining contact with her clients in order to understand their business and provide advice as and when required.
Sarah has particular expertise in the following areas:
- Sales and Acquisitions: Whether your business is a company or an unincorporated business, Sarah has experience in share sales and acquisitions and asset sales and acquisitions.
- Shareholder/Partnership/Limited Liability Partnership Agreements: Sarah will discuss with the owners of the business how their business is structured and advise ways to protect the shareholders/partners interests by preparing a suitable agreement setting this out.
- Terms and Conditions: Sarah regularly drafts and reviews terms and conditions for the sale of goods and/or services across a wide range of industry sectors and advises clients how to ensure that the terms and conditions are always properly incorporated into her client’s contracts.
- Distribution/Franchise/Agency Agreements: Sarah can review or draft distribution, franchise or agency agreements and the implications of entering into such an agreement including advice on issues such as competition law.
- IT Agreements: Sarah can assist with a wide range of IT agreements including the design of a website or a software licence for example.
- Consultancy Agreements: Whether you require an agreement for a long term consultant or someone who provides ad hoc assistance, Sarah can provide you with a suitable agreement and advise you on particular issues such as the ownership of intellectual property rights created by the consultant.
- Intellectual Property: Intellectual Property comes in many forms and is intrinsic in most businesses, although many do not appreciate that this is the case. Sarah can help you recognise your intellectual property rights and advise you on protecting and exploiting them.
Download my biography here: Sarah Miles