Suffering a catastrophic injury turns your life, and that of your family, upside down. The worry and trauma of what has happened and the fear of what the future now holds mean everyone involved needs support and expert advice.
Luckily medical advances mean that chances of survival for those involved in life threatening incidents, are now better than ever. As a result, the number of injury claims involving catastrophic injuries has also increased.
Given the complex issues involved, claims involving these serious injuries require the expertise of highly experienced lawyers.
The team have experiences of successfully pursuing catastrophic injury claims arising from:
- Medical error/clinical negligence: Misdiagnosis, Late diagnosis and Negligent treatment
- Road traffic accidents
- Accidents at work
- Non accidental injuries, criminal acts
The injuries are often incredibly complex. Where there are allegations of clinical negligence, a good understanding of the medical condition, prognosis and treatment can make the difference between succeeding or failing to recover compensation.
Rehabilitation at the earliest possible stage is key. Nockolds work closely with excellent rehabilitation case managers to ensure claimants are receiving the best possible care, treatment and support. If you have a rehabilitation case manager, we will gladly work with them to fully understand your needs both now and in the future.
It is vital that the claimant is properly provided for, so claims for:
- Further treatment
- Loss of earnings
- Family support; must be fully and carefully explored.
The Nockolds Catastrophic Injury Team pull together:
- Over 50 years combined experience in handling serious injury claims
- Input from some of the most experienced medical experts in the world to ensure the full extent of the injury is understood and best possible further treatment recommendations are considered
- Detailed knowledge of how to pursue a claim in order to help manage and minimise the future impact of the injuries
- An understanding of how to protect the injured person to efficiently recover compensation to make life as comfortable as possible
- Dedication and commitment to helping you or your loved one rebuild their lives working with other agencies to provide real and practical support
- In house cross jurisidiction expertise and translation services to assist where one party lives or the incident occurred abroad.
For further information on Catastrophic Injury Claims or to find out how we can help you, please contact Jennie Jones, Partner in our Catastrophic Injury Claims Team on 01279 755777.